Our economic plan builds a stronger, more competitive economy and secures a better future for Britain by:
- Reducing the deficit so we deal with our debts, safeguard our economy for the long term and keep mortgage rates low
- Cutting income taxes and freezing fuel duty to help hardworking people feel more financially secure
- Creating more jobs by backing small business and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower jobs taxes
- Capping welfare and reducing immigration so our economy delivers for people who want to work hard and play by the rules
- Delivering the best schools and skills for young people so the next generation can succeed in the global race
The plan is working. For the first time in a long while, there's a real sense that Britain is on the rise. But it's far too soon to say job done - it's not even half done.
There are still plenty of risks, and the greatest one here at home is the Labour Party. Labour offer more spending, higher taxes and more borrowing. Their economic approach brought economic ruin once, and would do the same all over again. Why would you give the keys back to the people who crashed the car?
So this year Britain faces a choice: to go on working through the plan that is delivering for Britain, or to squander what we've achieved and go back to economic ruin.
We need everyone in the country to get behind our plan.